Monday, August 17, 2009

another awful dad dream

This time everyone from my whole life was gathered for a screening of my first film, a culmination of years of hard work and passion. The room was crowed chockablock with family, friends, all my teachers and professors, the queen was there. And then, just as we were hushing and cooing, just as the lights were about to dim for the start, dad flew from his seat and started maniaclly screaming and cussing straight into my face! It was vivid and totally realistic besides his doing that, and so, in the dream, I thought how can he be DOING this? I looked around but no one would make eye contact. They were mortified and embarrassed for me, or maybe embarrassed to be there, at the screening of a film by a guy with a dad like that. I mean, dad was in my FACE, giving me a side-ways middle finger and hollering at the top of his lungs, no restraint, FUCK YOU, YOU LITTLE BASTARD MOTHERFUCKER I'M FUCKING SICK OF YOU! FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOOOUUUUU!! Spittling inches from my own mouth.

I ran from the room after the third outburst, hopped on my scooter and fled into the night. Later, I was devastated knowing everyone would have watched the film probably, and I had missed my one chance to witness their reactions. To see how my work was received by everyone who was important to me in the world.

Shucks, dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment