Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I've also been having very vivid regular dreams. I'm not sure what it means. Alex? The subjects are quite varied, and never incredibily dire, but always the kind where you wake up and feel relieved it's not true! Oh! No! I'm in Thailand! Phew! That sort of thing.

One was about my film camera that was revealing ghosts, mostly of my Grandpa Seidel, mostly him sitting on the couch in our old house. And somehow that proved why dad was having a sour temper. And then I was supposed to have a dinner date with Jim Dvorak? and ditched him, and he chased after me with a giant sampler platter! I tried going to India but the flight was confuddled and Allison was sour!

Dream-genie, what you making me worry for?!

2 comments:

  1. Well shoot, clearly the probing software isn't working. Your dreams are not coming out as I intended. Perhaps I just need to update to the newest version? Hmm, let me call customer service about this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facinating!
    The vividness and non-bizarre content of your dreams makes me think that you are astral projecting in your sleep. Being in a foreign land would make you homesick and yearn for a comforting environment, like your Grandpa Sdiedel and your old house.

    Your dad's sour affect would indicate resentment or clinging on to past pains. This doesn't mean that your dad in particualr is or isn't having these feelings, but the patriarichal part of yourself, which usually has to do with responsisbility, is having the troublesome feeling. Do you feel that you have taken on too much? Or might possibly be resentful for having to take care of yourself and forcing yourself to grow up? In the new country there's no one to take care of you and that can be scary (at least it is in the eyes of your subconscious since it is a subtle, potential threat to your safety.)
    I could also be reading too much into this and your dad is just pissy about moving again when he wishes that he didn't have to move from his first house in the first place.

    Jim Dvorak could also be a representation; attractive, simple, and out of your reach. The dinner could represent an offering. When you were offering yourself to him, waiting for him to spoon his way through your dish, the situation changed and you were no longer able to provide with a tasty sampling. Now the tables have turned and you are no longer on the menu, he is after you with all that he can offer. (Its a sexual fantasy of unattained desires, in other words.)

    And Allsion's dilema was an astral visit, which is why you felt so relieve upon waking knowing that you were back in your body.

    (Disclaimer: this is all part of the Dream Geneie's Schizoidal metaphoric delusions!)

    Many Blessings!

    ReplyDelete