Wednesday, August 12, 2009

TATTOO IDEA

Also! I think I finally have an idea for a tattoo I can really get behind. A portrait of the queen's face, on my face.

No, not really. Really, a smily face! Or actually probably a smilING face, of my own doodling. It's the thing or at least a thing I'm really taking in from this trip. The people are all incredibly warm and cheerful and helpful, and will without fail return a genuince and jolly smile anywhere you go. Plus all the smiling Buddhas! Gracious! This is a happy place!

And it makes a lot of sense. It's pretty right there in line with my life philosophy, which is to find the humor in everything, to laugh at everything, to laugh at my self, to smile and be entertained by even the sourest circumstances. But, as with all life-mantras, sometimes you just sort of forget about it, and maybe lose your cool, or get annoyed, or have somebody murdered, childish stuff you know. So, how appropriate and what more appropriate for this moment and this experience than a sweet lil inky reminder to forget about that frown, and smile smile smile. Life is good good good!

2 comments:

  1. I second that! The best way to go through this world is to crawl along like a deaf, retarded infant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please get a tattoo of a smiling monkey.

    Please.

    ReplyDelete